HOME > MUSEUMS > PETER AND PAUL FORTRESS
PETER AND PAUL FORTRESS
Commandantís House
     
     
 

Commandantís House Commandantís House Commandantís House Commandantís House

 
     

The stone Commandantís House was designed by the military engineer de Marine. The construction works began in 1743 and terminated by 1746. In the 19th century it was often used for interrogations and court procedures. It was here that the Decembrists were announced their sentence.

Now the Commandantís House accommodates the exhibition ďThe History of St. Petersburg in the 1703-1860sĒ.

 

________
Museums